Thursday, March 23, 2006

March 23 7:50 am

Sometimes our bodies surprise us with a reverse "matter over mind". Not that I had any negativity going in to last night's training session, but yesterday my mind was hanging a little on the burnt fringe, not having slept well, and being plain out disappointed in how beat up my body has been since last Friday- not being able to squat and this old nagging right side of back injury is screaming at me. I might give my friend Justine some credit in my motivation last night. I had coffee with her yesterday, hadn't seen her for way too long. The girl is prepping for her first BB contest, the DE State, and her fire and enthusiasm she emits is catching. I went straight from her to the gym. What a Maniac (yes, you Justine!).
It was bench night. I hit 245 for six, I was a little too high on the bench and hit the racks a couple of times - messed up my groove. I then hit 275 for three, which I have done before, but not as well as I did them last night. the weight was all mine last night. For some reason my body just naturally put me up on my toes last night, instead of being flat on the floor, and by jiminy!!! It worked! I then picked off 225 for seven, which is usually what I do fresh. Yes, I am pleased.
My weight was 167. My goal for the meet = 300.

No comments: