Friday, June 26, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
OK, I'm cranky and I'm tired, but mostly from lack of sleep. If I could only get up and drink a glass of milk or eat a light carbohydrate laden snack I'm sure I could sleep a whole lot better. I admit, I am pure misery on feet these days.
There is nothing I crave so much as 6 straight hours of sleep. Nothing. Not a thing. Nope.
Less than 4 weeks to go and by this time I usually have a very decent base tan, but as the sun seems to have burnt out several months back I'm going to have to just step up the tanning bed frequency. The weather simply has sucked all year.
Friday, June 12, 2009
I had a photoshoot with David Koster of Portraits In The Sand the other day. We went up to Gordon's Pond State Beach, here on the north end of Rehoboth Beach in lovely slower lower Delaware. It was around 5:30 pm, and a beautiful, magical, mystical fog rolled in just in time for the photo session. How can you ever plan for something like that to happen??
David is an amazingly talented photographer, and a super nice guy!
Here are my weekly black undies pictures at 5 and a half weeks out -
Check out the striations starting to come in on the lower lats
:) :) :)
So you liked playing 20 questions with Kate?
I'll give you 10 more to mull over -
1. Favorite flower - I think that dandelions get a bad rap. I also love purple irises.
2. Favorite smell - that would be the smell of wet concrete after a rain shower.... lilacs smell pretty good too.
3. One physical trait that you would change if you could - like I'm going to point that out to the public ???!!! If you don't notice it, good!!!
4. Where did you go on your first date ? 7th grade dance.
5. Sunrise or sunset - I am rarely up for the event, but each sunrise gives the promise of new hope and the opportunity to create anew.
6. Favorite season - summer - hot and humid, yessss!!!!
7. Favorite artist - I have two: Maxfield Parish, and Abraxas Hudson.
8. Favorite place to shop - Salvation Army.
9. Who you miss the most - Wendy, my childhood best friend - it is MY fault for not staying in touch like I should, and Jody , my business partner and friend, who taught me more useful and important things in life than I ever realized whilst here on earth.
10. How do you start your day - every day before I get out of bed, I try to think of 3 things that I am grateful for. Those things can be anything, but knowing that there is something to be grateful for helps start the day on a positive note. Then I make a beeline to the coffeemaker.