Thursday, July 20, 2006

Big Boys Club

I am now an official memeber of the Big Boys Club!! I put up a (nice) 315 last night!!! In a sick state, of course. 275 x 4 went very well, so B left three plates on after stripping off some of his weight, and said ,"Go into this like you are going to do it." So, I did just that. My, what a giddy feeling. Then 225 x 6 two-second pauses...good ones. Then we backed off the volume and just did 3 sets of smith inclines, 3 sets Hammer press for shoulders, 3 sets dips, 3 sets pushdowns.

Maybe success is contagious - my friend Justine Dohring won the DE State overall bodybuilding show Saturday, my friend Paul Timmons on Monday became the first person ever to swim from Cape May NJ to Cape Henlopen DE (15 miles in 7 hours 15 minutes...now THAT boggles my comprehension. He simply AWES me). I put up a 315 bench- now remember, just wraps on the wrist - no bench shirt for me. (and don't forget the 445 squat). Keep it up Kate, don't crumble...do NOT doubt.

No comments: