Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Today is Thanksgiving. Most people LOVE this day - they get an excuse to feast on large quantities of high fat foods...I abhor the thought! I really do NOT like gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, I HATE pie...I never, never in my life liked butter...
My sister-in-law got angry with me a couple of years ago when I brought my own plain baked potato and broccoli to her house on Thanksgiving. Did she want me to starve???? I'm going to Ma and Pa' house this afternoon. I guess I'll stop at the store on the way and buy some baked potatoes and broccoli...

I don't know what was going on last night at the gym. Somewhere along the line I have retained my strength! Not that I am complaining. It could be lack of expectations, and being relaxed about my performance (oh no! Kate used the "R" word!) At 149 .5 on the scale. As of lasy evening,I have started doing ALL of my benching with 2 second pauses on the chest. No mo' "touch 'n go". Lo and behold - I very much like this. Last night 245 x 3 , 265 x 2, and 275 for one. I think that the pause only way of benching is the way to go for me.

1 comment:

D'Artagnan said...

I think sometimes you can feel stronger as you cut for a competition from the edge you get psychologically from seeing your muscles in that state. Anyhow well done. And happy thanksgiving.