Thursday, June 14, 2007

Leaning Down

First of all - WELCOME HOME DAVE KERGAARD! I haven't seen you yet, but soon I do hope to.
There is nothing of excitement to report. This go 'round finds my body feeling the lack of fuel (read - FOOD!) more severely than the other times I have prepped for a BB contest. Strength is down a bit, determination and drive isn't though. I was 157 yesterday. I increased my calories just a little bit yesterday, by about 250, because I don't want to be a stick on stage. I figure I'll be around 152 or 153 at weigh-ins. I plan to be just a smidgeon leaner than last year.
I was just thinking how ironic it is that I have more of an hourglass figure now than at any other time in my life, and the curvy result is from building muscle...so there yah go you ol' naysayers who insist that muscle makes women blocky and masculine!

GW and I have picked up pace in our training sessions, they are becoming just this side of aerobic...burn that adipose tissue!!!

The weather here sucks - it's about 60 or less today, grey sky - long sleeves are donned and I even have the heat on. It is expected to go up to the low 90's this weekend...whacky! It makes me tired.

Methinks it's time to throw a big juicy steak on the ol' George Foreman...red meat every day during contest prep, and wine. Cannot live without wine, so I don't. :)

No comments: