Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pull, Baby, Pull !

This was supposed to be my "backing off" week - I have one of those "scheduled" every sixth week...but I still felt relatively fiery, so I didn't back off as much as I should have, though I did refrain from extra tension and forced and dropped reps. I am not sure if I was feeling good last night or it is that I have finally learned to put my hips into the movement when pulling, but I got that 655 rack pull last night! On my second set I got 605 for 5 so, hey, no reason why not to get the bigger one...
~ tell you what - my sinuses were a little stuffy going into the gym last night, but that 655 cleared them right up. :) really! I pull from the rack at the knee. I had B film it, but he sent it to me in the wrong format. I'll post it somewhere when available.

The nerve manipulation is really helping my legs. I did go for a walk the other evening, however, and when I returned - oh, my legs were besides themselves. I had to take ibuprofen to ease the throbbing. How odd that something as passive as a walk would irritate my legs so...??? Hmmm...
My pelvis has been staying in place, which, if you recall past elaborations, was always slipping out of whack when I went for a walk, or driving alot, or participating in daily life activities. I imagine that now I am upright and intact my muscles aren't used to working at these angles and as a result are being unusually taxed....

My Christmas shopping is ALMOST finished. One more gift to buy. :) :) I love giving presents to people.
I want only a 425 x 2 or 450 x1 squat next week, both of which I have performed before in the not too distant past...just not with this leg problem. I am easy to please, I am.

No comments: