Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!!

The day after my first session back at the gym after almost 2 weeks and I feel grrrreeatt!
My head was still congested last night, which prevents me from pushing way into the zone (I get dizzy) but it was so good to be back. There was a point that I felt like I was never going to get well. I was beginning to feel "mortal" again - didn't like that feeling at all. But today I have that nice tight, worked and sore but not overly sore feeling.
Anyhooo - GW joined me, which was a plus. We started with squats, because I HAD to get back under the bar. So we did 2 sets of 315. No knee wraps. I did 6 and then 7. I couldn't push any further because of the congestion in my head, but all in all I was pleased. Usually when I'm tired or feel off I tend to bring my stance in very narrow, hence the depth is not quite as it should be, but I was able to feel comfortable enough in a wider position last night, hence I do believe that my depth good. I can still feel the compartmentalization - grrrooan, but it is not as prevalent as it once was. I weighed in at 172, a bit more than I expected after laying around like a slug for almost 2 weeks.
I really hate doind leg curls with dumbells, but know that they are very effective, that's what we did last night -but I still hated doing them. They just pulllllll all the way down, escpecially at the lowest down position. I always feel like they are going to pull my hamstrings right out.
The antibiotics are as expected making me very tired, but they are making me well, so I'll deal with it.
Goal is to start packing on a few pounds again, try to make it to 180 before the DIET begins. I still have a good 3 months to go before I start peeling the pounds off. I'm all out of Little Debbie cakes - got to run to the grocery store!

No comments: