Thursday, September 18, 2008

To be continued....

Lessee...

Yes, that word is in my dictionary, just as 'swolt; is, and 'relax' isn't....
What did I do on back day the other day? Barbell rows. I believe a 225 x 15, then 275 for 2 sets of 6. For the life of me I can't remember what else GW and I did ...??? I remember we both dressed in grey and lime green. I should have taken pictures. That was creepy.
For biceps I remember we did the barbell drop exchange again, as we have been doing every other week for the past few months. It really is hard for me to admit that reps have been working to grow my arms past that 15 and a half inch sticking point... but reps are working...groannnn. I said it.

Younz all know I hate reps. (All you people from the Pittsburgh area know that 'younz' is a real word, too). OK - I have to admit that I measured my arms recently,even though I said I never would. 16"..and that is on a non-arm training day, so they weren't 'swolt' or (even 'swolled').


Leg day....The pain in the sides of my legs had been kind of quiet lately, luckily. That is most likely due to NO squatting, and lots of massagees and stretching (not enough, but still alot).
We are trying to find a good "big" growth movement here at Midway Fitness as an alternative to squats, since I am unable to squat. The Hammer Strength Leg Press really worked well, but we don't have one of those here like The Firm Fitness Center does ( notice I give props to those who are good to me?) . There is this machine, I guess it is called a Squat Machine (?) made by Parmount...I call it the Thing...I cannot even describe it briefly enough in words, but most people at the gym look at it and shy away. If they even venture to try it, they never come back to use it again...It is God awful brutally hard to use. However, if it weren't for the leg issues, I would use it. GW and I tried it, but it brought back the pain issues, so we'll have to find something else to torture ourselves with. Three sets WRECKED me.We did use the Hammer Strength Deadlift machine next. Good Stuff. I LOVE this machine. Then dumbell hamstring curls and adductors and abductors. Then standing calves on the Nautilus Multi-machine and seated. My legs are NOT happy... :(. Oh, I measured those too. 25 1/2" un-pumped. Still, because of their shape, they need to be BIGGER to look bigger...does that make sense???

Just for the record, I love the new Metallica CD. Alot of old die hard Metallica fans don't like it, I hear...I love it.

OK - I'm tired and I dislike long posts, so I'll continue on to tonight's session tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the nautilis leg press. I think that is what it's called. It over next to those stupid abductor machines that should be melted down for scrap metal.