Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Progress Report

I know - where have I been? I just get so typed out from FaceBooking that I keep putting this blog to the wayside. I'm here. Let's get reacquainted, shall we?

My training is having more peaks and valleys than ever befure - "undulation" as my training partner Rob likes to call it. I seem to have stellar days, or I have really off days, and not much in between...
It's probably still an after effect of the bodybuilding prep last fall (remember - I USED to be a bodybuilder!!!)

I have been dealing with this tricky knee again. It sometimes wants to track sideways instead of vertically. This has gotten to the point where it has really all but killed my deadlift. When I pull my right knee gives very little support - it wobbles and my leg dances all over the place. I go to the chiropractor every week so he can pop my knee back into place. We've discussed it, and I am just going to have to suck it up and lighten up and rehab it properly, but it can be done.
Strangely, squatting doesn't seem to affect my knee like the deadlifting does. I have gone back to wrapping my knees, however, just for the precautionary measure of stability. I STILL don't get any rebound effect for extra poundage out of the wraps, but I really like my knees, so I'll continue to wrap. About 5 weeks ago or so I did climb back up to 410, without the wraps, but at this point I'm not going to really go all out until I can strengthen the knees back up.


Tuesday night I surprised myself completely. I had been dealing with pretty intense tendonitis for a couple of months in my left elbow. It is still there somewhat, but nowhere near as distracting and inhibiting as it was. So last night I decided to climb back on the bench and see where my benchpress was at. My goal was 300, and I did it so easily that we piled another 20 lbs on the bar. After fully pausing on my chest, up that baby went, no stalling, picture perfect as can be. I've popped 320 and even more up before, but this was the first time I have fully paused it. And I weighed in at 167.2 yesterday.
I even had a little more in the tank, but I wasn't out to set the world on fire. Save it for another day. No repercussions on the elbow, either.

I'm all typed out already, but I swear, I will be back soon. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found
any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Feel free to visit my site: green coffee reviews