Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Relearning the Squat

Because my hip flexors are a problem - a big imbalance of strength - we've decided that I should give wide stance squating a go. It certainly is a trying task learniing new tricks and shaking off the old habits, but I do believe that once I get this wide stance squat technique down, well, big numbers. It was kind of scary because I wore my Inzer power shoes and they are somewhat slippery on Midway's floors, so I had to not only concentrate on squatting, but keeping my feet flrom slipping out from under me. I only went up to 315, no wraps, but I think it's going to work for me in the long run. Then we used the Paramount machine that somewhat simulates a sissy squat. NO ONE else ever uses that machine, but it is quite effective, I like it.
Soreness is happening in new places - don't we all love/hate that feeling?

I've been dieting for three whole days now. My big problem is convincing myself to eat enough sugar. I just finished my morning glass of Kool-Aid.

1 comment:

JC said...

what color kool aid?