Sunday, March 16, 2008

Don't Give Up!

I don't know if everyone has given up on me, or not??!!! The transitioning of my website has turned out to be a much, much bigger project than it should ever be! I had to hire someone, someone who actually does the web stuff for a living, and he is even getting stymied....and he is good at all things related to websites and such !

www.KATEBAIRD.COM IS CURRENTLY IS IN A TRANSITION PHASE. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AND HANG IN THERE AS I MAKE SOME NECESSARY CHANGES TO MY WEBSITE -THANKS !!!


As my mom always said whilst I was growing up - Yeeeeeeeesssssssshhhhhh!!!



I don't know when it will be up and running properly again, but I keep hoping soon! I'm really trying!



I'm not sure I have a whole lot of tidbits of news to catch you up on anyway - same old, same old - I still wake up every day and question to myself whether I am sick or not, but so far I am still hanging healthy! The month of January really knocked me on my butt - and even though I have a very big butt, it really knocked me back on a lot of things!
Training has been going very well lately - I am incorporating a few "ideas" into my training, "tests" as you might call them..will take a while to see if they work or not. I'll elaborate on some of those in later posts.


My bench is still hanging at 285 for three paused reps. Rack pulled 605 x 5 the other night.
Sure, I have performed those numbers before, but that was back before I fell apart. So I am giggly fuzzy happy about everything. I'm not maxing anything lately, I have no need to at this time.

The only thing that has been bothering me is the leg pain / comparmentalization issue. Whenever I get back over 170 pounds it makes itself known. It is not as bad as it was when it first came to my attention, maybe because my body has made some physical adjustment to it, maybe because I stay on top o it by doing nerve manipulations every day, and getting a massage deep into the leg tissues every now and then. Can't really squat when I'm like this. I do some squatting, but it really isn't good squatting. I've made the decision to come on back down in weight after the Masters, so I can squat. It does affect my deadlifting, too, though to a lesser extent.

I haven't been on the powerlifting platform to squat for a year and a half now, and I do so want to, but I am going to be relegated to staying down in the 165 lb. class...and maybe even back down to 148 in the not too distant future - we shall see, we shall see....

No comments: