Sunday, December 28, 2008

SNAP

I stand amazed.
Certainly we are all aware of my persistent leg tribulations, and my quest to alleviate the problems(s).

Therapy was proving to bring much relief for several weeks. Hope positive - until the past couple of weeks. The pain became a constant, and new pains awakened, such as in my knees where I have never felt it before. I was getting concerned that perhaps I was truly breaking, and coming to a point where I might have to face the end or at least serious modifications of my joys and passions.

Last night I was sitting on the couch thinking about the prevalent and constant pain in my leg. I realized that I needed to stretch and do my other therapies - it is and must be ongoing. I do one particular stretch where I often find it difficult to find just the right pull to my IT band. I was feeling tremendous discomfort and shifting to find just the right position, when "SNAP" - a most uncomfortable popping feeling and sound. It was so intense that I automatically cursed the pain that I thought was sure to follow. However, the most amazing feeling of relaxation proceeded to flow through my left leg. In no way do I believe that this is the end of the problem, but I sit here this morning relaxed as can be.

My goal to get 315 on my back and squat once again by the end of the year may be a lofty goal, as we only have a few days left in it, but damned if I don't have hope anew that yes, I will squat someday once again.

My new year resolution....I dont usually make any, but this year I will. I vow to include more olive oil in my diet. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I'd rather eat dirt than put more fats in my diet, but rather than have all of my hair fall out, among other physical maladies, I will consume.

1 comment:

mochamoe said...

thanks kate for a great powerlifting blog, all the best in 2009.....stay healthy