Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March 21, 2006 2:03 pm

Last night was a bit of a disappointment. I dragged B up to The Training Center (TTC) so I could jump on the monolift. As I feared would be the case, I'm still overly mangled from Friday's deadlifting. Changing up my deadlift technique caused my hip flexors, and upper outer glute area to experience stress as they have not before. Hence, stepping under the squat bar, just warming up with 315, I went down and my front hip area just buckled from being tired, still sore and not able to support me. I have to look at the positive, however - I did finally get the deadlift down, and I was able to play with Jack's new hack squat, which I would not have done otherwise. My ability to recuperate between sessions seems to be low these days. Age?

As far as squatting goes...I have only squatted once in 6 or 7 weeks, that was two weeks ago. It was a good session, but seems to me I shoud be squatting alot more if I want to nail this meet.
I could have managed two or three reps at 405, though I only did one - I have this fear factor that I still can't overcome with the squat. I hold back at least a rep or so on all my sets. (B reads this he'll make me override that...)
I only have 4 or 5 more squatting sessions before the meet. How will I fare? My GOAL is 460 for this meet. If we can keep me from overREACHING, and overTRAINING, I'll do it.

No comments: