Saturday, February 14, 2009

Movin' On Up

This week has been more or less maintenance type workouts. A "down" week, as I like to call them. I did, however change one key ingredient - upped my baseline (start set) bench from the 230 to 250. I had planned (planning for quite some time, I must add!) that on the day I hit 230 x 12 - I would up the weight on my beginning set to 235 or 240. I couldn't decide if I wanted the additional 5 or 10 pounds , so I asked GW for his input. He said to put 10 pounds on. He handed me a 10 pound plate and I put it on the end of the bar. I didn't even realize until I was done all 3 sets that DUHHHHH!!!! 10 pounds on each side of the bar added to 230 is 250, not 240.
3 sets, 7, 8 and 5.

"Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength. Move on."...Henry Rollins

No comments: