Monday, June 02, 2008

Wrap It Up

It doesn't seem like I'm ever in the mood to sit down and type out a few lines for this journal, now, does it? Shame on me - so many of life's "tests" coming at me every time I turn any which way, i can't shake my true thoughts loose enough to scribe.... however, here I am - zoned out, zoned up, in, through and between... what's that mean? It means only that I'm not on any kind of even keel these days.
Let's break down the training this past week, shall we???

Monday 5 p.m.- Benching was screwy. I don't really want to even talk about it.
All I'll say is I still suffer from placebo effect spotting.

Wednesday -5:00 p.m. - we did power rack pulls from about 4 inches below the bottom of the kneecap. I did 3 sets with 405. My first set I wasn't quite sure what the weight was going to feel like, I did 2 and a third but I was falling forward on the last rep. I got in my head now what the weight feels like, since it had been a while that I had this in my hands to pull, and NOT with a deadlift bar today either - lets do a real set - I tried 405 for two more sets, 5 and 6 reps respectively.
On a better day, more reps would be there. Not too bad.
We then commenced to dumbell rows with 150's (that's as high as we have in the gym).
I think it was 12-12-8??? Then 'W's (using the hihg cables pull the cables in with your lats - forming a "w" with your arms and body). 3 sets - couldn't tell you what weight - I don't remember and it is not important. Then shrugs with 150's - I'm not sure how many reps.
Biceps - Seated DB curls with 35's, then 40's, then 40's...don't remember reps. And Hammer preacher machine - 3 sets.

Saturday - 10 a.m. I'm still not used to squatting at 10 a.m. in the morning....Get used to it! I'm trying to keep our schedule mixed up so we don't get used to anything timewise, repwise, exercisewise. It was soooooooo humid in the gym this day. Typically I love humidity. I RARELY ever turn on the air conditioning, and it gets quite humid in southern Delaware. But it was stifling humid, and quite warm, too. Not much air circulation at all this day... (Get used to it, Kate!)
I got out my wraps, because I need to practice wrapping - and I SUCK at it...me, being the Power Princess, I have let someone else wrap me for my whole powerlifting endeavor. I've never gotten as much as some people seem to out of wraps, but this day I said to GW that "I shouldn't be able to walk this easily!"(meaning that the wrap job basically sucked). HOWEVER - I've always said that the wraps let me know that my legs are there, to hold me up, and that's my prime reason for wrapping. I got my first set 320 for 7. Sooo, unless the heat and humidity were really wearing us thin - I didn't get a darned thing out of those wraps (even though they are APT's high quality Black Mambas - yes, that's a plug for my wonderful and kind sponsor). Next 2 sets - 340 for 4 and 5. So yes, I guess it is the humidity and heat....
Proceeded onto 3 sets of leg curls and 3 sets of leg extensions...then 3 sets of seated calves and 3 sets of hack calves. I'd remember the weight better if I posted in my journal on a more frequent basis. (I am trying - I swear!!!)

No comments: