Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lazy Sunday Morning

They came yesterday! B's new toys - a T Rex Squat suit and a pair of briefs, and a Phenom bench shirt. What in the world?!!! Mr. Raw in gear????!!!! Yeppers, prepping for the October 14 Iron Asylum meet. B shall have no problem learning his new outfits, and shattering the current world record squat total for 220 lbs., which is now at 1025 held by Chuck Vogelpohl.
Hi B...are you reading this? You don't need me to tell you that you will do it. Forces are with you if you let them. Please let them.
I, on the other hand, will continue to lift raw, as I find that stuff cumbersome and annoying not only to wear, but it's a nuisance to put on.

I did not lift with B on Friday evening. I was still plagued by low blood pressure, and/or whatever was eating me up. I went in yesterday afternoon. A friggin' rainy Labor Day weekend in Rehoboth Beach. It took nearly an hour to drive the six miles to the gym. Then it was so grossly humid in there...and no towels to wipe my sweaty brow! It was also crowded. I was still somewhat washed out, but strong as I could be. I don't like working out alone, or should I say without B? I also hate stopping to pose in the mirror when I'm alone...I feel very egotistic.

I changed my diet up this morning. Instead of oatmeal with egg whites and protein powder as my first meal, I am switching to a protein bar with peanut butter. I think the sugars in the bar will stream into my system quicker and maybe I'll be less sluggish in the a.m. I really have been suffering with that problem - yesterday with clients and feeling like I was going to fall out of my chair any moment was not good.

I go through being excited about the Nationals, to wondering why the heck I am doing it....bodybuilding is a shallow, egotistical, not even a "sport"....it's all about chemical warfare up there on the stage. I guess I don't want to be lying on my deathbed saying "I could have, should have"...so I'll do it and get it the heck out of my system. Then, back to powerlifting!!! But I get accosted by so many people at the power meets who say "You are a bodybuilder." I want to smack them, but then I suppose it is a compliment on my physique?? OK, sure.......

No comments: