Sunday, July 20, 2008

APA Linestate Open

GW - Congratulations! I am soooo proud of my training partner ! He was able to set a new DE state record in the raw Master's V 220 and Master's V Open 220 with a 500 deadlift. GW played it conservatively - he opened with 435 then I think he went to 480 then the 500. He opted to try the 535 on a fourth attempt (which would have been a World Record in his division and weight calss). His 500 was ridiculously easy looking. The 535 was coming up really good until about knee level, it slowed and even stalled a bit and then he dipped it jusy an inch or so before continuing up, however he did stick with it and locked it out. If he had taken that 535 on the third attempt it would have been good, of that I'm sure. But he did pull three picture perfect deadlifts...sans a belt, I might add. GW, stop being so stubborn break that friggin' lifting belt out of the trunk of your car puhhhhllease! We'll get you to 550 very soon! He also got Best Deadlifter by formula! GW GWilikers!!! You rock!

The meet was the APA Linestate Open in California MD. It is about a 3 hour drive from us, so it made for a long day, to and from, albeit a fun day. I sat in the judges chair all day long, for all three lifts. It was a good meet.....I don't know. I shouldn't drag stuff like this out in the open, maybe I should have been the head judge, but I opted not to be.

This part has been edited out, a decision by me and soley me. Even though I and many others may disagree with someone's opinions, I do apologize for being publicly discourteous. I should not be publicly airing certain tings. I will, however, leave the below comments standing for my own personal comic relief, and perhaps yours!

Anyhoo - it was a great meet, and there were several lifters that I know that were competing -
Len Walker(good to see him up on the platform even though he was a little off this day), David Poole, Chris Mitchem, Darren ?? , Good job all!!!!

And even with being in the judge's chair all day but not competing, yes, I had a heck of alot more fun than I would have primping all morning then hanging backstage for hours just to prance around on stage for a few seconds at the Masters NAtionals. It looks like the competition was FIERCE however, by the lineup and pix I've seen.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you kate for helping me win my class at the meet saturday.

gw

Kate Baird said...

Hey - my pleasure for anything that I can contribute to the very best training partner in the universe!
550 very soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations George!

Anonymous said...

your view of depth is obviously higher than the rules.

Anonymous said...

YOUR BENCH PRESS VIDEOS ARE SO BOGUS, YOUR SPOTTER HAD A HECK OF A DEADLIFT WORKOUT. I WILL NEVER DO ANOTHER APA MEET WITH THE JUDGES YOU USE. GO IPA!

Kate Baird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Baird said...

Yes, of course, all bogus, and all of the pictures you see of me on the internet are done with photoshop.

Mr. Anonymous - since you dislike me so - why are you bothering to take the time to read my blog?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Baird

You need to go get another lasix procedure done if you think those squats were good. I could see they were high from my helocopter.

Chopper Dave
Channel 7 new eye in the sky

Anonymous said...

the black thong you were wearing must have been to tight and somehow impaired your vision.

Kate Baird said...

Obviously you were looking at things other than proper squat depth Mr."Anonymous"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like anonymous is just mad that you are bigger and stronger than he is, Kate.

And, seriously, anyone that can't spell helicopter or lasik properly is not someone with the intellectual capacity to be 'judging' anything.

Anonymous said...

No kate, I don't dislike you personally. I just want to know why there was a vendetta against certain lifters in the bench press, because of you and the other side judge being upset about your boys not getting good lifts on the squat. I just want the judges to be fair. Powerlifting is a small community, and it is sad to see how biased some are to their friends. Anyway, God bless!

Kate Baird said...

If you want to know why your lift wasn't good, you should take the opportunity to ask a judge at the meet. If you want to e-mail me and ask me, feel free to do so, and if I can remember a particular lift, I will give you an honest answer.

Anonymous said...

sorry that someone feels that i , "the other side judge " was mad because my boys were not doing so good. i try to do my best all of the time . i didnt know anyone at this meet except one bencher . i will always be fair to everyone at the meet . and if i make a mistake i will be happy to discuss it with you.