Sunday, December 02, 2007

The new Firm

These past few days have been draining, to say the least. First the death of a relative, then the death of an old friend. :(

I am suffering from some kind of SEVERE allergic reaction or poisoning from something. My face, neck and chest are bright red, and a bit flaky. I almost look burnt. I have suspicions, but I haven't been able to nail down what this is coming from. I keep narrowing it down, then it strikes and I have to dismiss my guess yet once again. It has been 4 days, and sometimes it is hellacious. Going out of the house is miserable because I can feel people looking at me. They surely aren't looking at me funny because I'm big and muscular, but because I'm big and muscular and uncomfortably bright and glowing red!

I was able to take my minfd off of things for a little while yesterday. My friend Paul Timmons moved his gym to a new location and I joined in the gang to help out for the afternoon of setting the new space up. I haven't seen most of the guys who train there for quite awhile, so it was good to see everybody. The Firm Fitness Center in Rehoboth Beach. He has over twice the sapce as he had before - Heaven knows where he fit all his equipment in before in the smaller space!!! He even bought a few new pieces.He has the walls painted Bicycle Yellow ( he is a fan of the Tour de France!). It is bright and energizing.
This is where the APA Delaware Open Iron Fest will take place on February 16, 2008. Speaking of that event, it is about time I sat down to market it to the masses. We will have Bench only, deadlift only, Push/Pull, Strict Curl (APA standard, not mine) double bodyweight deadlifts for reps, bodyweight bench for reps, and a tire flip/jump timed. I have a feeling it is going to be a great event!

No comments: