Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday April 22, 2006 10:57 a.m.

I didn't have the "wherewithall" to post after Wednesday...(I'm really not sure what "wherewithall" is, are you? But it sounds appropriate). I've been haunted since Monday evening with my old back injury - I slipped a disc in my mid-spine about 4 years ago. I would honestly have to say it was about the worst it has been since I started back to the gym 2 1/2 years ago.
Somehow I mangled it Monday night (AFTER the gym). I have been somewhat worried, but my gut keeps saying to go forward, so I have trooped onward in my lifting quests. I went to the chiropractor twice this week and he hates it when I come in sometimes, for I just will not unjam. It's probably the most physical work he gets all week! I did NOT deadlift last night,and I slept on my bed to loosen my back up - VOILA. Today I feel renewed. Thank you God.

Wednesday I did 2 second pause reps on the bench- 2 at 185, 2 at 205, 2 at 225, 2 at 255, and 1 at 275.
The 275 was the easiest, probably because at that point I was in the groove. I betcha I could have done a 285 or 290...but we will never know, will we?

Did back and biceps last night, no deadlifting. Traps - shrugs with bar, keeping the reps in the 15 - 20 range. I went up to 5 - 45lb. plates on the t-bar row machine we have. I love where this machine hits my back. Remember, a life without WINGSPAN is no life for me!!! Pulldowns with v bar was the only other back excercise I did. Then Hammer Curls - I went up to 60 b. dumbells for 3. My gawd...heavy. Then negative rep pull-ups for an ugly end to a relatively productive workout. I really believe that the working out helped stretch out that tightness in my back, and loosened it up alot. POWER GODDESS is revving back up!!!!

No comments: