Saturday, November 18, 2006

January 13

January 13, 2007 - that is the date of the Jersey Iron Powerlifting Competition. It will be my next powerlifting meet, full power. It is being produced by my dear friend Henri Skiba in Carteret NJ. It is eight weeks away - heck, yes that is plenty of time.
Last night was the first night back in the gym since before the Nationals. My body was tired, oh so very, very tired -but mentally, I was right there. Mentally, I was on top of it. We began deadlifting off of a plate, since my weakest point in the deadlift is right off of the floor. B has had aversions to actually trying this method for quite some time now, but all of a sudden he thinks that this could be beneficial. I have been wanting to try this for quite some time - it either works, or it doesn't. Mechanically, they felt as perfect as they could possibly be. I am also re-setting between every rep, rather than straight on repping. I bloodied BOTH knees last night, and my left shin! aahhh - life is good....

1 comment:

D'Artagnan said...

Hey Kate, this is a good blog and I reckon you could use some comments and encouragement . And someone to push you through the pain of those last reps. I know a lot about weights and even more about sports medicine , I'm a doc.