Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Knee Wraps

First - Let me announce that my Members' Section is up and running. I am very, very pleased with the outcome. I have lots of mini-movies, and training video clips, and photo galleries, and even a special Members' Blog. I was I was thrilled to procure several members my first week online!
I will be posting some fresh photographs on my free site, within the next few days, as well.
I am going batty being sequestered in my home for a week! I figured I would stop in and chat about something...I thought knee wraps would be a good topic.
First, I'd like to recommend learning how to wrap your own knees from the get go.

I've been powerlifting for almost two years, and I still have yet to wrap my own knees!!! I learned how to wrap only a few months ago. I wrapped B's once in practice, and once in the gym. My forearms were sore for two days after wrapping B's knees in the gym. I guess that's how you know you've done it correctly. I always think to myself that I am going to go in and wrap my own knees someday...I mean, what if I got stuck by myself at a meet and couldn't find a wrapper? But, the princess always puts the notion to the back of her head when B or somebody offers to wrap....pitiful, I am plain ol' pitiful.
Second, they need to be tight, but not so tight that they prevent you from rebounding. They can also be so tight that they prevent you from reaching proper depth. B was always wrapping me so derned tight, and when I finally mentioned that perhaps they were TOO tight, he scoffed at the notion, so I closed my mouth again for awhile. However, recently I had him relent and back off the tightness a bit, and lo' and behold - I can work them properly again. I don't believe I am ever getting as much 'bounce' out of them as I could, but I will continue to work on that, as it feels all new to me again.
B will hate that I mentioned this, but I really believe that I may have missed my 425 squat in September at the Power Frenzy due to the wraps being so tight. I've gone over it in my head, and watched the video - I went as deep as I thought I could go without breaking form.
I currently use APT Black mambas...as well as the Black Mamba wrist wraps.

No comments: