Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm baaack

Squat day - last one before the meet. The Delaware Power Classic held at the Training Center in New Castle Delaware...my meet, my baby, my big party...
I was TOTALLY out of it all day. I slept 9 1/2 hours last night, when as a norm 5 1/2 to 6 is usually a difficult stretch. My eyes rolled to the back of my head and didn't want to emerge back to the front. It's 10 pm now and I still haven't come out of the coma, but the training went well in spite of my state of being.
I pulled a VERY good 445. Then B made me put 500 on my back, unrack and stand there for 10 seconds. My hip was out again, it always gets misaligned when I travel. It prevented me from doing a down set of reps, but as walking to the refriidgerator a few minutes ago was a total chore, my legs won't miss it. B yanked it back into place afterward, thank goodness.
Barring anything wierd happening, I will squat at the meet. I trained for the meet this time by not training for the meet - just simply train like I always do - to get stronger. I think it's the way to go for me from now on for powerlifting meets., by cracky!

1 comment:

JC said...

welcome back