Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Persevere....


That's all I can do -truth be told - I did a small APA meet this past Saturday. I had hoped I could come here and say that I beat that "thing"...well, actually I did beat that thing. I did not do that "thing" that I always did when benching....255 was my opener. Talk about EASY. That was like, as I say, playing with Tinker Toys. HOWEVER (always a friggin' however with me, isn't there???) I had no steam to put up more than one. Was it because I was sick last week? Was it because my lovely son and his lovely friends kept me awake Friday night until 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning, or was it just because???? I don't know. I got my opener deadlift, too, at 400, then ran out of oomph for anymore. We agreed, however, had I gone all out for bigger numbers on the openers, that I could have, I just wasn't programmed on Saturday for anything more than one. :( :( :( So I am plagued by a curse, or what is it? I still suck on the platform.

See that picture of me with a blue belt on - Hell, that's simply not a fashion plus with a purple singlet. One of the prongs fell off of the lever on my belt just moments before the meet began. I borrowed my friend Paul's, but it really was a bit large. Anyhoooo, that's me after missing my second bench - not happy, no...

Monday was a SMOKIN' leg day at the gym Again, I am so tired - I have not been sleeping well for weeks. But, sometimes, even though the strength levels drop, there is a certain ability to push further into "the zone" when I am tired - maybe because part of me is too exhausted to think about it or argue with myself over it. I'm getting the hang of the wide stance squats. I can go deeeeep. B wasn't there to tell me this or that, and so I gave this and that no regard, and it worked. Sometimes you just have to trust that you know what you are doing is right for you. I'm liking this technique, and today, the day after - my legs are totally fried in every fiber.

2 comments:

JC said...

if nothing else, you look great in that pic :)

Christine said...

Honey, you can't go around mixing your purples and your blues!!

Where do you get those fabulous singlets anyway? All I have is boring black.